- Drupal CMS Developer
- Website speed optimisation
- Drupal 6 to Drupal 8 migrations
experienceboxspain.com - Drupal Voucher eCommerce System
This was my first freelance eCommerce website using Drupal and Ubercart. The design was produced and implemented by a friend Stacy Prendeville, however the rest of the website structure and functionality was implemented by me. The website uses an array of modules to meet the client requirements such as:
- a module to integrate with the Spanish TPV payment system,
- uc_gift_order to implement a voucher system rather than a normal shippable product,
- a custom newsletter integration module written to allow newsletter signups at checkout stage
- Google maps to help illustrate multiple locations
- Automatic URL and secondary unique product ID modules
One thing I found is how little of Ubercart is customisable even at this late stage in the Drupal 6 life cycle without hacking the core, there were several times when a philosophical question had to be asked... hack? or do put up with it?
One of the first things I did was pull out the code used to construct the product listings page to integrate with a view, this made far more sense as it wasn't trying to therefore reinvent the wheel, and it was far more flexible!
- Portfolio Category: